Mission, Values, Goals
The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute prepares our culturally diverse Native American students as life-long learners through partnerships with tribes, employers and other organizations. We establish a strong educational foundation for student success.
The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute aspires to be an intellectual asset to Indian country that is highly effective and puts students success first.
- Goal I: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute will improve student success, guided by an institutional culture of evidence.
- Goal II: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute will expand its role in tribal nation-building by better understanding and responding to the educational and workforce needs of tribes, and to better support the sustainability of tribes fundamental needs (e.g., food, water, healthcare and energy).
- Goal III: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute will modernize its facilities and technologies to better support student learning.
- Goal IV: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute will improve its college operations to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Goal V: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute will position itself within the community of tribal colleges, and among all community colleges, nationally.
As a national Indian Community College, SIPI will adhere to the following values within its structure, policies and practices:
The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute:
- Values integrity and accountability.
- Values respect for self.
- Values respect for diverse cultures.
- Values its sense of community.
- Values the importance of data in supporting decisions.
- Values open and honest communication.
- Honors indigenous culture, language, and self-determination.
- Is a mission-driven institution