Admissions and Financial Aid
Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (SIPI) accepts as students American Indian and Alaskan Natives, who must meet one of two tribal affiliation criteria:
- verification of US Federal tribal membership from a Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) agency or tribal census office; or
- must be one-quarter percent or more blood quantum of a federally recognized tribe(s), verified by either a BIA agency or tribal census office.
- Minimum age of acceptance to SIPI is 17 years of age; accepted students who are 17 years of age are not eligible to reside in the lodges until their 18th birthday.
- Minimum age of acceptance into the GEDฎ Program is 18 years of age.
Documents needed for Admission:
- Admission Application
- Verification of Tribal Affiliation
- Official High School Transcript (showing graduation date)
- Transfer students must provide all official College transcripts
- Health Physical (can be turned in 30 days after instruction begins)
- Immunization Record (can be turned in 30 days after instruction begins)
- DD 214 Form (if claiming veteran status)
Reporting any false information on a students application may be grounds for denying admission or suspension form the institution.
The Admissions Office will not be able to copy, transfer, or return documents submitted for admission to SIPI. All accepted new and transfer
students are required to take the ACT Compass Test for placement. Based on the students placement and individual minimum test scores, the
student may be required to enroll in Developmental Studies or Technical Preparation courses.
Admitted students are required to register for each trimester they attend. The Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) provides tuition, room board, and books to students at minimal charge.
Students must pay required fees prior to registration for classes. All fees must be paid in full (money order only) prior to registering for classes. Fees will be collected during registration.
Lab fees are not charged for online classes.
Lodge Full-Time Student - 12 Credit hours or More: $280.00
Commuter Full-Time Student - 12 Credit Hours or More: $225.00
Commuter Part-Time Student - 11 Credit Hours or Less: $150.00
- The student accounting office accepts MONEY ORDERS ONLY.
- Other forms of acceptable payment for fees are federal and/or tribal government
- REFUNDS: Fees, excluding $20 registration fee, are refundable (for status changes such as withdrawals, changes from CFT to CPT, or checkout from a lodge) until close of business on the last day of
the trimester add/drop week (see trimester calendar). After that, students are obligated to pay fees according to their status on that date. Fees become non-refundable on that date. All fees and/or refunds
will be verified by the Student Accounting Office and will be processed through the Federal Accounting System according to policies. The processing time for refunds is approximately six (6) weeks.
- Transcript request should be in writing and include the students social security number and birth date or use the from below.
- Official transcripts cannot be faxed.
- Students with outstanding debts to the college must take off the debt before a transcript is requested.
SIPI Application for Admission (in PDF format)
Transcript Request Form (in PDF format)
Housing Application Form (in PDF format)
Golden Eagle Lodge & Four Winds Lodge Policies & Procedures (in PDF format)
SIPI FERPA Brochure (in PDF format)
Student Request for Non-Disclosure of Directory Information (in PDF format)
Financial Aid Office
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)