Student Government Association
Do you love making a positive difference? Do you see yourself as a leader? If so, the Student Government Association is the place for you.
Student Government Association is one of the most prominent and active organizations on campus. The Student Government Association ensures all clubs and organizations at SIPI are in good standing. The best way students get involved in the Student Government Association is by running for office during Fall Trimester. Elections are held each year during the Fall trimester. In these elections, the students vote for their preferred Student Government Associations Officers for the next academic year. To learn more, see a Student Senate Officer or the Student Services Specialist.
Ways to get involved:
- Run for Office – Become one of the Student Government Association Officers on campus.
- Become a Committee Member – Committees are formed based on the needs of students each Trimester/Year.
- Attend Meetings – Student Government Association meetings are held every other Tuesday’s at 12:00 PM in the Academic Support Center. Please check your SIPI email for upcoming meetings.
- Attend Social Events – Event Dates are posted in the Student Government Association board in the Academic Support Center and emailed to the SIPI community via SIPI email
The Student Government Association, advised by the Student Services Specialist-Kathleen Yeppa, SGA is the student government body of the Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute. It is composed of (4) four Student Government Executive Officers, and numerous senators representing their organizations and committee chairs.
The aspiration, goals, and educational outcome of the Student Government Association is to help stimulate an activate student government, build prominent relationships between students, faculty, and administration, to help provide ongoing activities for students.
- President - Bobbie Thomas
- Vice President - Kayla Tenorio
- Treasurer - Jaymie Killsfirst
- Secretary - Chantell Victorino