Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute accepts American Indian and Alaskan Natives who meet one of two tribal affiliation criteria:
- Verification of US Federal tribal membership from a Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) agency or tribal census office; or
- Must be one-quarter percent or more blood quantum of a federally recognized tribe(s), verified by either a BIA Agency or Tribal Census Office
Documents needed for Admission:
- Admission Application
- Verification of Tribal Affiliation (CIB)
- Official High School Transcript (showing graduation date & final grades)
- Official College Transcripts (transfer students only)
- Physical Record
- Immunization Record & COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- DD 214 Form (if claiming veteran status)
Reporting any false information on a student’s application may be grounds for denying admission or suspension from the institution. The Admissions Office will not be able to copy, transfer or return documents submitted for admission to SIPI. All accepted new and transfer students are required to take the ACCUPLACER Test for placement. Based on the student’s placement and individual minimum test scores, the student may be required to enroll in Developmental Studies or Technical Preparation courses.
Admitted students are required to register for each trimester they attend.
The minimum age of acceptance to SIPI is 17 years of age; accepted students who are 17 years of age are not eligible to reside in the lodges until their 18th birthday.
New/Readmit Application Deadline: April 12, 2024
First Day of Class: May 6, 2024
Admission Application Packets with all supporting documents must be mailed to:
P.O. Box 10146
Albuquerque, NM 87184
Must be postmarked by April 12, 2024
NO EMAILED OR FAXED application will be accepted
The Admissions and Records Office is dedicated to student success by maintaining to the highest quality the integrity of student academic file and student accounts and to provide an opportunity to review.
Continue to strive to provide superior customer service, take advantage of emerging technologies and be a contributor to student success.
Right-Click SIPI Admission Application document > Save document on your computer by clicking Download Linked File As > Then open document on your computer