Vacancy Announcement Information
To search or apply for advertised SIPI positions use USAJobs. Type "SIPI" under the keywords category.
Resume (must include the following information), it is highly suggested to use the resume builder in USAJobs, so that information is not missing from a personally built resume:
- Work Experience:
- Position title
- Dates of employment (include month/year)
- Hours worked per week
- Current supervisor's name and telephone number
- Duties (Please be specific and include any accomplishments)
- References (include complete name and telephone number)
- Employer - must be with the past 5 years
- Personal - three (3)
Other Supporting Documentation
- Form BIA 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment (required for claiming Indian Preference). The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted.
- College transcript(s), if the position has an education requirement
- Most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held (if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal Service)
- Veteran’s Preference Supporting Documentation:
- DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty Service, must be Member 4 Copy OR
- SF-15 Form Cover Letter, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (To be used by Veterans & Relative of Veterans) OR
- VA letter OR Certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities.
- Noncompetitive Appointment Authority Documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
Benefits, Insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, EOPF, Employee Express
Federal Employee’s Retirement System (FERS)
RI 90-1 FERS-An Overview of Your Benefits
Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB)
RI 75-13 Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Facts
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
FE-76-21: FEGLI Program Booklet
Plan Participation: Learn more about the TSP and its benefits, rules and features, such as: About TSP, Eligibility & Contributions, Account Management, Loans & Withdrawals, Beneficiary Participants
Investment Funds: Learn more about TSP investment options, such as: Funds Overview, Fund Options, Fund Performance, Retired Funds.
Planning & Tools: Learn more about designing your investment plan, such as: Investment Strategy, Calculators, Retirement Planning Phases, Living in Retirement.
Life Events: Learn more about life events that may affect your TSP account, such as: Your Career, Military Service, Personal Events.
Participant Support: Learn More about TSP support options, such as: Forms & Publications, Contact TSP, Email Notifications, Search tsp.gov, Website Orientation.
Employee Express: https://www.employeeexpress.gov/Default.aspx
- Saves time-Employee Express eliminates the need for completing and submitting forms by replacing them with user-friendly technology.
- Convenient-You can access Employee Express anytime, 24 hours a day (with the exception of the Eastern Time update processing), seven days a week, to process changes or to review current information.
- Reliable-Employee Express has enhanced procedural checks for accuracy which are not available when using paper forms.