SIPI Commencement Ceremony 2018
Congratulations SIPI Graduate
The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (SIPI) is preparing for the 2017-2018 Commencement Exercise.
As one of our valued graduates, we look forward to your attendance at this event to be held in your honor.
Please note the following information regarding Spring Commencement:
- Commencement is scheduled for Friday, April 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Please report to the SIPI Gym Foyer at 9:00 a.m. for pre-commencement preparations. Graduate group pictures will be taken at 9:30 am.
- Please call or e-mail to RSVP if you will be present at graduation: Janet Sandia (505)346-2338 or Sandia@BIE.EDU; Joe Carpio (505) 346-2324 or Joseph.Carpio@bie.edu. Both can be reached at 1-800-586-7474
- Your invitations can be picked up at the Admissions Office beginning Monday, March 26, 2018. Each graduate will be allowed 10 invitations.
- If you are unable to pick up your invitations or participate in the commencement exercises and would like your diploma sent to you, please make your request in writing, with your appropriate return address.Send request to: SIPI Admissions Office P.O. Box 10146 Albuquerque, NM 87184
- Mode of Dress: Black Cap & Black Gown and/or Native Traditional Dress. Tassel is Teal and Silver. The cap/gown/tassel packet can be purchased at SIPI Student Accounting, for $17.50. Cap and tassel only: $8.45; all payments should be in money order only. There are only a limited amount of caps and tassels available. NOTE: This letter must accompany you to Admission/Records office to verify that you are a SIPI Graduate. Caps and Gowns will be available for pick up by March 26, 2018.
- Practice session for graduates is scheduled for Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:30 p.m., in the SIPI Gymnasium. The committee will start decorating at 10:00 a.m. Volunteers are welcome.
- A Luncheon for graduates, families and guests will be served immediately following the commencement ceremony at the campus cafeteria. There will be no charge for the meal.
- PTK Honor Students needing an access code to complete their online registration or need additional information, please contact Mr. Jim Snyder, in the General Education Building Room 103A (505) 346-2394 or email Snyder@bie.edu