SIPI Library will advance quality student learning by providing access to resources, collaborate on information literacy instruction, and administer related academic information services to support the curricula.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing assessment of library services.
- Provide physical and digital academic resources that advance research and education.
- Build collaborations to support faculty, staff and student scholarship.
- Teach the SIPI community to be effective users and producers of information to meet their academic needs and in preparation of a lifetime of learning.
- Disseminate the library’s resources and services to the SIPI community.
The student will be able to:
- Inquire, think critically and gain knowledge to develop a research approach that produces results or can be modified to produce results.
- Assess the value of an information source to make an informed decision about the appropriateness of its use.
- Interpret and analyze the results of the research process in order to use the information appropriately and ethically.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
America’s Historical Newspapers (1690-2000) - News articles covering topics in government, politics, social issues, culture, literature discoveries and other articles exactly as they appeared in print from primary sources.
America’s News - Comprehensive news collection ideal for exploring issues at the local, regional and national level. Content is easily searched and sorted through an intuitive, map-based interface.
EBSCO Publishing Database - Access to EBSCO Publishing Databases