SIPI LIBRARY CAMPUS LOCATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
ONLINE ONLY - Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
For Questions Contact Us at:
Tedra Begay - SIPI Library Technician
SIPI Library Mission
SIPI Library will advance quality student learning by providing access to resources, collaborate on information literacy instruction, and administer related academic information services to support the curricula.
SIPI Library Goals
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing assessment of library services.
- Provide physical and digital academic resources that advance research and education.
- Build collaborations to support faculty, staff, and student scholarship.
- Teach the SIPI community to be effective users and producers of information to meet their academic needs and in preparation for a lifetime of learning.
- Disseminate the library's resources and services to the SIPI community.
SIPI Library Student Outcomes
The Student will be able to:
- Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge to develop a research approach that produces results or can be modified to produce results.
- Assess the value of an information source to make an informed decision about the appropriateness of its use.
- Interpret and analyze the results of the research process to use the information appropriately and ethically.
Kanopy provides students access to one of the largest collections of films in the world
Provides full-text online access to hundreds of multidisciplinary reference book collections.
NewsBank’s electronic edition of your local news provides your community with up-to-date and archived information in a convenient, easy-to-use online resource.
Provides a highly selected digital library for various disciplines. (Search for "Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute" for access.)
Provides access to academic journals, eBooks, literary, and history reference.
A newspaper and website that presents news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty and student affairs professional.