Office 365, BIE Email
How do I access my BIE email?
- You do not need to use DOI VPN to access Office 365
- If you do not have a PIV Card, you are most likely not migrated to Office 365, and if this is the case, you can still access your BIE Email at webmail.bie.edu, until you migrate over when you have a working PIV.
1. Insert your DOI-issued PIV card into your card reader
2. Open a web browser, and navigate to https://portal.office.com
3. When prompted to enter a username, enter your DOI UPN (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) DO NOT use your BIE email address to log in.
4. You should then be redirected to a DOI page where you can select the option to “Sign in with PIV Card” (NOTE: You do not need to type in a password in the password box.)
5. When prompted, select your DOI PIV certificate, and then enter your PIN.
If successful, you should now see the main Office 365 portal that will show all the apps you have access to.
NOTE: If your Bureau or Office has provided you with the Outlook desktop application, please be mindful that caching your mailbox may take significant time and bandwidth availability may impact this.
How do I set up my mobile device?
1. If you have a DOI-issued mobile device, you can follow instructions on how to set up your mobile device:
- Set up the Outlook Mobile App
- Set up the Native Mail client
QUESTIONS OR ISSUES?
View or Download the JumpStart Guides: The JumpStart Guides are designed to give you an overview of the Office 365 applications you will use the most. You can access the guide for Office 365’s navigation bar and the guide for Outlook Online.