Welcome to SIPI Distance Learning
SIPI offers distance education classes via online instruction (Brightspace), and to its Distance Education (DE) sites (Alamo, Santo Domingo, San Felipe) via Zoom. Online courses, and those using Zoom, maintain the same educational standards as those of a traditional classroom setting. The difference is in the flexibility, convenience, and accessibility for those learners who want to take classes but may be unable to do so by coming to SIPI’s campus.
- Online students should have daily access to a computer and the Internet (from home, work, or a community site).
- Students should plan to spend three to five hours each week online, and an hour a day (or more) studying for each online course.
- Two-way Video Conferencing - Zoom
- Students in courses using Zoom technology, must have regular access to a videoconferencing site in their home community or, in some cases, a computer/tablet with internet connectivity, during the days and times the class meets.
- Students should plan to attend each class session and spend several hours each week studying for each class.
- Learning Management System - Brightspace
- Brightspace is the learning management system (LMS) SIPI utilizes. Brightspace is used for posting of assignments, taking tests/quizzes, to view posted class content, etc.
- Students taking online/classes at a DE site will receive login information for Brightspace during the Distance Education Orientation held before the start of the trimester, or will need to contact the Brightspace Administrator.
- What is Distance Education?
- Is Distance Education the Right Choice for You?
- Zoom/DE Class Responsibilities (coming soon)
- Academic Integrity
- Policy on Distance Education Student Verification
- Brightspace Community Videos: Students - Videos to provide students information on how to use the different tools within your online courses.
Distance Education Office
For registration, course enrollment, and other assistance, contact:
Instructional Systems Specialist
For Brightspace learning management system support, students should contact their instructor first. Refer to your course syllabus for instructor contact information.
If your instructor is not available, contact:
See above for contact information
IT Help Desk Ticket
Early Childhood Education